Anamosa Community School District
As required by the Department of Education and the state of Iowa, ACSD has compiled the three models of education based on the current global pandemic. Based on feedback from the Jones County Public Health Department and the current health situation in Jones County, the district will plan to begin the school year under Plan B: Hybrid Model. However, please remember, this is an ever-changing situation and we may have to make a change after that point based on recommendations by Jones County Public Health and the State of Iowa.
Continuous Learning: Parents have the choice to elect continuous learning at any time. This means that students will not be attending face-to-face classes, but will continue to be a part of the Anamosa Community School District. We will provide all necessary learning materials to continue your student’s educational progress with us.
Approximate Start and End Times:
Strawberry Hill Preschool AM: 8:20 – 11:25
Strawberry Hill Preschool PM: 12:10 – 3:15
Strawberry Hill K-4: 8:20 – 3:15
Anamosa Middle School 5-6: 8:10-11:45
Anamosa Middle School 7-8: 11:45-3:10
Anamosa High School AM: 8:10 – 11:20
Anamosa High School PM: 12:00 – 3:10
Plan B: Hybrid Model: In this model, students will be required to complete some learning at school and some learning at home.
- Staff will be wearing district-provided face shields; they will also be wearing cloth masks when feasible.
- Students will be required to properly wear face masks (provided by the district or personally provided) on the bus, in common areas in the buildings, any time that social distancing is not an option, or as required by building staff.
- Social distancing will be attempted in classrooms as recommended by the CDC and JCPH.
- Entry to the building will be restricted to only students and staff who attend that building; no volunteers, parent visitors, etc. will be allowed.
- Shuttles and in-town pickups will still happen, other than LCC to AHS and LCC to AMS. All other shuttles and in-town pickups will remain the same as last year.
- Shuttles between school buildings will also continue this year, however students will not be allowed to wait in any building other than their attendance center.
- All bus routes will be determined and communicated out to families in the next couple of weeks. Look for communication from our Transportation Director Matt English.
- Devices will be provided for home-usage for all 5-12th grade students and provided as needed for other grade levels.
- In addition to increased cleaning at the elementary, structured cleaning will be scheduled at MS/HS between AM & PM sessions. Minor cleaning may in part be the responsibility of students.
- Any student/staff member diagnosed with COVID-19 will be required to stay home according to JCPH guidelines and the district will follow contract tracing expectations as outlined by JCPH.
- Early Outs will not take place for AMS or AHS. If possible due to transportation considerations, SHE students may have a modified early out schedule on the first and third Wednesdays of the month.
Additional questions may be addressed on our Frequently Asked Questions Document found on our school website. We will continue to update this document as questions come in.