Anamosa School District Foundation
The Anamosa Community School District Foundation is designed to raise funds for education and serve as a means to accept contributions, gifts, and bequests. Think of it as an Academic Booster Club!
The Foundation is dedicated to improving the District by raising and providing money for projects not ordinarily funded through the district’s operating budget that enhance the educational opportunities for our children.
Quality education has always played a significant role in the District. However, the educational and financial demands on schools continue to increase while the budget continues to shrink. Our challenge is to provide the schools with the resources to offer students a comprehensive education with higher accountability and prepare our students for the technological challenges that face them in our competitive society.
The Foundation relies completely on donations to supply the monetary resources required to fund the many projects and programs that we support.
How Will My Donation Benefit Anamosa Community Schools?
Donations provide tools for enhanced learning such as: innovative curriculum materials, up-to-date instructional equipment, extracurricular experiences for students, and increased support for ongoing staff development.
You can designate your charitable donation for a specific item or you can make an undesignated gift to be used as the foundations feels necessary.
Please consider making a donation to support the Foundation’s fine work. With education cutbacks at the state level, the softening economy, and the continuing growth of the district, outside assistance is needed more than ever. WE CANNOT ACHIEVE OUR GOALS WITHOUT MONETARY ASSISTANCE. Your contributions make a big difference in the lives of our school children.
Since our organization began in 1994 we have funded over $1,200,000 in teacher requests!
Projects Funded by The Foundation:
· Multiple copies of updated and modern Iowa Teen Award books for 7th and 8th grade ELA department
· High School Art department pottery wheels
· Teacher and Administrator License Certification fee reimbursement
· High School Industrial Tech CNC Router
· Middle School Industrial Tech Handheld CNC Router
· Updated and modern flex and alternative seating options throughout all (3) buildings
· New AED equipment in buildings as well as portable AED for outside facilities
· Youtube software and cameras for PAC
· Tablet devices throughout district buildings
· Protective cases around district wide tablets
· Updated and modern classroom books throughout Kindergarten – 4th grade classrooms
· Updated and modern classroom books throughout Middle School 5th-6th grade classrooms
· Tool and diagnostic kits for the High School Small Gas Engines class
The Foundation appreciates the support from the community and alumni. To continue our work we need help from people who care about the quality of education – people like you who are willing to commit their time and financial resources.
How Can I participate?
- Cash contributions can be made at any time
- Lifetime transfer: real estate property can be transferred to The Foundation in your will.
- General Bequest
- Designated Bequest (to be used for a specific purpose)
- Residuary Bequest (where the remainder of your estate would be donated to The Foundation)
- Life Insurance Testamentary Trusts (a trust fund established by you that provides parts of your estate to be set aside and managed for The Foundation. The fund can provide a lifetime income for your beneficiaries; the principle goes to The Foundation after their deaths)
- Life Income Plans
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust (Trustee pays benefits to you or your beneficiary for a stated period. When the time is up, the remainder passes to The Foundation)
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (Trustee pays a specified dollar amount to you or your beneficiary.)
- Pooled Income Trust (Gifts from many donors are pooled and invested)
- Memorial Fund – A gift through which you can honor the memory of a loved one.
- Make a gift online
Please select Jones County Community Foundation under the Select a Foundation drop down and the Anamosa Community School Foundation Fund under Select a Fund
Learn more about the Endow Iowa tax credit.
The Foundation can accept gifts of stock and real estate. There may be income tax advantages to contributing appreciated stocks and real estate rather than liquidating these assets before making a contribution.
Why is it important to donate to The Foundation?
Every year schools are challenged to do more with students to help prepare them to go into an ever increasingly complex and technologically based world. The Foundation Board is committed to being partners in excellence to offer the best opportunities in education for our students.
Years ago, The Foundation recognized that school staff members had innovative, educational ideas that could improve teaching and learning. However, many times the necessary financial resources are not available to support these wonderful ideas. The Foundation is working to provide educational funding opportunities that address the challenge in preparing our students to live in today’s complex world!
Anamosa Community School District Foundation
200 S. Garnavillo Street
Anamosa, IA 52205