Code No.: 807.1
FISCAL MANAGEMENT GOALS
Purpose: To provide the best educational program possible within the available financial
resources of the Anamosa Community School District. All District personnel who are
responsible for fiscal matters are required to establish and practice sound fiscal management
Policy: The Board is the legally constituted body responsible for the financial affairs of the
District. It is empowered by the State of Iowa to levy taxes; employ teachers and other
professional and support staff; purchase and sell school sites, buildings, and equipment; enter
into contracts; issue bonds; borrow money; and authorize the expenditure of school funds.
In conducting the District’s fiscal management program, the Board seeks to achieve the
following fiscal goals:
1. Engage in thorough planning with Board, staff, and community involvement to develop
revenue and expenditure plans which will achieve the greatest educational returns in
relation to resources expended.
2. Seek and establish levels of funding within available resources which will provide the
quality of educational program expected by the community.
3. Use the best available techniques for budget development and fiscal management.
Implement and practice accrual accounting as soon as feasible.
4. Implement and use maximum efficiency in business procedures; ie., accounting,
reporting, purchasing and delivery, payroll, payments to vendors and contractors, and
other areas of fiscal management.
5. Prohibit any ongoing indebtedness in the operating fund through the practice of sound
fiscal management planning and procedures.
6. The District shall maintain a minimum solvency ratio of 12.5%. The solvency ratio shall
be maintained through the planning of the budget which is submitted to the Board for
Fiscal Management Goals
Code No.: 807.1