Anamosa Community School District students are eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch for
the 2021-22 school year.
● Each student has the option to be served a full regular meal at breakfast/lunch at no charge.
● Additional student meals can be purchased: 2nd Breakfast K-4th $1.75, 5th-8th $1.85,2nd
Lunch K-4th $ 3.00, Milk (without a meal) is $ 0.35
● Adult meals are not part of the free program. Breakfast $2.50, Lunch $4.00
● Extra a la carte items are available for purchase at the middle and high school.
The USDA extended the NO COST school meals to ensure that children continue to receive the
nutritious breakfasts and lunches they count on during the school year wherever they are, and
however, they are learning. This unprecedented move is part of USDA’s unwavering commitment to
ensuring all children across America have access to nutritious food as the nation recovers from the
The USDA still requires families to complete a free and reduced application to receive additional
benefits such as P-EBT cards, fee waivers, etc. An application can be found on the school website
Anamosa Nutritional Services Department has 14 employees who work to provide a variety of
nutritious and safe meals in an environment that is respectful of student and faculty needs.
Anamosa Nutrition Services prepares and serves about 1300 breakfasts and lunches daily. By
the end of this school year, approximately 235,000 meals will be served in the Anamosa
Community School District.
All school meals meet federal nutrition standards by offering fruits and vegetables, serving
whole grain-rich foods, and limiting fat, calories, and sodium.
Our meals meet the new United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrition Standards,
which require the following:
● half the tray should be vegetables and fruits (1/2 cup servings of each)
● age-appropriate calorie servings
● a wide variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and
● fat-free flavored and unflavored, and plain 1% milk
● increasing whole-grain-rich products
● less sodium
● zero trans fats
For the 2021-2022 school year we will be implementing Offer vs. Serve during lunch, we will
offer students all five required food components-meat, grain, vegetable, fruit and milk. A student
must take at least three components with one selection being at least ½ cup from either the fruit
or vegetable component.
Students with special dietary needs, a Diet Modification Form needs to be completed.