Code No.: 407.1R1
Superintendent Evaluation Criteria
STANDARD #1: Facilitates the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- In collaboration with others, uses appropriate data to establish rigorous, concrete goals in the context of student achievement and instructional programs.
- Uses research and/or best practices in improving the educational program.
- Articulates and promotes high expectations for teaching and learning.
- Aligns and implements the educational programs, plans, actions, and resources with the district‚
vision and goals.
- Provides leadership for major initiatives and change efforts.
- Communicates effectively to various stakeholders regarding progress with school improvement plan
STANDARD #2: Advocate, nurtures and sustains a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional development.
- Provides leadership for assessing, developing and improving climate and culture.
- Systematically and fairly recognizes and celebrates accomplishments of staff and students.
- Provides leadership, encouragement, opportunities and structure for staff to continually design more effective teaching and learning experiences for all students.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Evaluates staff and provides ongoing coaching for improvement
- Ensures staff members have professional development that directly enhances their performance and improves student learning.
- Uses current research and theory about effective schools and leadership to develop and revise his/her professional growth plan.
- Promotes collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Is easily accessible and approachable to all stakeholders.
- Is highly visible and engaged in the school community.
- Articulates the desired school culture and shows evidence about how it is reinforced.
STANDARD #3: Ensures management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Complies with state and federal mandates and local board policies.
- Recruits, selects, inducts, and retains staff to support quality instruction.
- Addresses current and potential issues in a timely manner.
- Manages fiscal and physical resources responsibly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Protects instructional time by designing and managing operational procedures to maximize learning.
- Communicates effectively with both internal and external audiences about the operations of the school.
STANDARD #4: Collaborates with families and community members, responds to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Engages family and community by promoting shared responsibility for student learning and support of the education system.
- Promotes and supports a structure for family and community involvement in the education system.
- Facilitates the connections of students and families to the health and social services that support a focus on learning.
- Collaboratively establishes a culture that welcomes and honors families and community and seeks ways to engage them in student learning.
STANDARD #5: Acts with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior.
- Demonstrates values, beliefs, and attitudes that inspire others to higher levels of performance.
- Fosters and maintains caring professional relationships with staff.
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to diversity in the school community.
- Is respectful of divergent opinions.
STANDARD #6: Understands, responds to, and influence the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Collaborates with service providers and other decision-makers to improve teaching and learning.
- Advocates for the welfare of all members of the learning community.
- Designs and implements appropriate strategies to reach desired goals.